Jan Faust Dane is running Stock Culinary Goods
This week we're joined by Jan Faust Dane for a conversation about keeping things local, and the value of community. Jan has been a writer, marketer, food forager, and a director of culinary education. Now she spends all of her time (and more) running Stock Culinary Goods — an independent store dedicated to kitchen culture.
Topics include a business willing itself into being, a lifetime love of food, the importance of local culture, how to sustain a brick-and-mortar retail business in a massively online world, and having the energy and drive to get it all done.
- Jumping in a car and exploring every part of RI
- Providence: the best culture-to-hassle ratio
- Providence realizing its potential
- Stock Culinary Goods willing itself into being
- Writing a city travel guide about a state
- Building community as the core of a business
- Follow Stock Culinary Goods on Instagram
- Like them on Facebook
- Follow them on Twitter
- Check out their website
- Check out her eat shop guide to new england