Jim Nellis is running RI Food Fights
This week we're joined by Jim Nellis - owner of RI Food Fights, a business that hosts a series of fun, friendly competitions between restaurants and food businesses showcasing their culinary goods to hundreds of local food lovers - for a conversation about reinventing yourself, embracing change, rediscovering self worth, and having fun with food.
Topics include starting a business from nothing, advantages of being a tech early adopter, being willing to make mistakes, using data to drive your business, brand exposure, and the founder's dilemma.
- It's not good enough to just have a great idea - try it!
- Selling tickets to an event before you've secured a vendor
- Starting from scratch by yourself
- Using analytics to drive your decision making
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Remembering that you have worth
- Scaling a business
- How RI Food Fights has transformed Jim's life
- Follow RI Food Fights on Instagram
- Like them on Facebook
- Follow them on Twitter
- Check out their website
- Buy a ticket to an event and/or a passport book!