JT is Head Chef at Troop
This week we're joined by JT (Jason Timothy) for a conversation about love for food, the importance of the dinner table, and cultivating creativity in the kitchen. JT is co-owner and head chef at Troop - an elevated street casual restaurant that has its roots in street food from around the world.
Topics include food as a shared experience, the old and new school kitchen environment, learning through failure, and empowering your staff to take risks.
- The dinner table as a symbol of family and bonding
- Learning to let people help you
- The most important culinary lesson: don't cut your fingers off
- Cultivating creativity in the kitchen
- Babka: the friendlier swear word
- You're going to fail, so you might as well do it and learn from it
- Ups and downs of the Yelp mentality
- Being community oriented
- And for real though, go get brunch there and order The Pinnacle. It's really damn good.
- Follow Troop on Instagram
- Like them on Facebook
- Check out their website
- And maybe even (5 star) review them on Yelp