Zach Gibb is a Software Engineer
This week we’re joined by Zach Gibb, a Software Engineer at Hoard, for a conversation about how he transformed from having no interest in computers to using them every day to creatively solve problems.
While we certainly learn a lot about what programming is, and how someone might get started building websites, we also talk about other communication skills that make someone great at working with others.
- What did Zach do to get started?
- How do you even build a website?
- Imposter Syndrome: a psychological pattern in which an individual doubts their accomplishments and has a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a "fraud"
- Getting past your fear by breaking down big problems into small ones
- Personality traits that might help you with software engineering
- Overcoming anxiety and how it relates to writing software
Interested in learning to code?
- Steve's a big fan of this one: Rails Tutorial — but seriously, if you finish it, you'll know how to code.
- It's easy when you Learn Code the Hard Way
- There's lots of great courses on Udemy, but make sure you look for sales!
- Please also feel free to get in touch with us... happy to help you get on the right path!